Thursday, September 15, 2011

funny things happen when you open a book

This is a picture book with a message for parents.  Teach your kids to enjoy books now, and don't forget to show them how they "work".
I grew up trying to get my mom's attention when her nose was stuck in a book.  Sometimes we would yell "Fire!" just to see if she would evacuate the house or die reading.  When we finally DID get her attention, the look on her face was somewhat similar to his....

Share your knowledge; share the experience; fall into the story.  Learn to read for life.

1 comment:

  1. This is so great! That's exactly how I used to be when I was growing up. My mom knew that if I hadn't done my chores or she couldn't find me, I was usually sitting somewhere reading a book. Gotta love books!

    ReplyDelete