Wednesday, June 18, 2014

I Am So Glad

I am so glad that summer's here.  It's time to bring home the plans and outdoor decorating ideas so that I can cozy up to my favorite book in one of these:
So relaxing!  Everyone should have one.
These next few months when we burst forth briefly from our weather-tight cocoons are a time of  both action and inaction.  Several of us have hurriedly planted a garden (during the few days when it wasn't raining, snowing, or blowing) this spring.  A few ambitious home owners have managed to start their annual maintenance projects and may even have begun the process of tackling a home improvement project.  Many brave souls are in the process of planning the family vacation, or perhaps the family "stay-cation", which often involves adventures such as camping......with children.

I am so glad that summer's here.  I plan to finish The Magicians by Lev Grossman in the next few days.  I also have Shotgun Lovesongs waiting at the top of my book pile.  Unfortunately, one of the hazards of working in a library is that we are constantly distracted from our lists and reading plans by the books we are passing to patrons.  Polly Horvath's Lord and lady Bunny-Almost Royalty! ambushed me the last time I visited our children's department.  Two chapters into the book on my lunch hour, I had laughed out loud several times.  My goal this summer: work on reading faster. Hammock, here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment